Spices are very important for an Indian dish. Indians use spices extensively. Among these spices, Cumin Seed or Jeera is one of the most commonly used in most of the dishes. They are available in three colours- amber, white and black. They have multiple health benefits. Here are few points about its health benefits:
Skin Benefits Of Cumin:
1. Treatment of Boils:
Regular use cumin in your food helps in keeping your skin free from boils, rashes, pimples etc. Boils are an outlet for the elimination of toxic substances and foreign matters such as microbes etc. They help in removal of toxins from the body through the excretory system and not through boils.
2. Treatment of Skin Disorders:
Cumin has a high content of vitamin E. Hence helps in keeping skin healthy and glowing. They have disinfectant and anti-fungal properties. Application of cumin paste on boils, pimples, eczema, psoriasis and other skin disorders helps in quick healing.
3. Anti-Ageing Benefits:
Cumin Seeds help in preventing premature ageing symptoms, the Vitamin E present in them triggers the anti-ageing processes. At the same time, it behaves like an antioxidant to combat the free radicals. Prevents wrinkles, age spots and sagging skin.
4. Cures Itchiness and Body Heat:
Put some cumin seeds in boiled water and take bath out of it if you are suffering from body heat and skin itchiness. This will reduce itchiness.
5. Glowing Skin – Cumin Face Pack
- Prepare a face pack by mixing finely ground turmeric and cumin in the ratio 3: 1. Leave it for 15 munites and rinse it off with water.
- You can make a peel-off face mask, use honey and mix finely ground turmeric and cumin in the ratio 3: 1.
- Mix well and apply this on your face and wait till it dries up.
- Peel off if you get thick paste or else you can wash off.
- Apply jojoba oil after washing off your face.
This will make your skin smooth and glowing.