Lip balm can be made at home very easily and in a simple manner. It is very safe to use since all the ingredients used will be organic. Follow this simple technique to make lip balm.
- Beeswax (example- 1 tablespoon) – 1 part
- Cocoa butter (example-2 tablespoons) Note: Shea Butter or Mango butter will also work – 2 parts
- Coconut oil (example-2 tablespoons) – 2 parts
- Essential oil of choice (or more or less to your preference) – 20 drops
- Make a double boiler, by taking a saucepan and placing an inch of water in it and over it place a bowl (better to use porcelain or a glass ) over it. And then turn on the flames to medium heat.
- Now, place all ingredients into the bowl over the saucepan, except the essential oils. Make sure no water is entered inside the bowl.
- Turn off the heat while all the ingredients are melted. Keep stirring well turning off the flames.
- Now, add the essential oil that you wish to.
- It is always better to leave the jar in the warm water but make sure you turn off the heat.
- Since the mixture will settle slightly as it cools shake slightly every 2 munites for 3 times.
- Now, let it sit without touching for several hours.
- Store in a cool dry place