It’s raining out and I wish to have something hot and spicy! So here is what I am to cook- The Aloo Bajia (Potato Bajji)
Try this and let me know how it tastes on this monsoon.
- Potato (aloo) – 4
- Gram flour (besan) – 1/2 cup
- All Purpose Flour (Maida)- 2 tablespoon
- Red chilli powder -2 teaspoon
- Carom seeds (Ajwain) -1/2 teaspoon
- Salt , to taste
- Cooking oil , as required
Directions for Aloo Bajia (Potato Bajji) Recipe
- Peel and slice the potatoes into thin slices.
- Heat the oil in a deep pan to deep fry.
- In a big bowl mix Gram flour, all purpose flour, red chilly powder, Ajwain and salt in a mixing bowl.
- To this add a tablespoon of hot oil to this and mix it well.
- Now, add water gradually to form a thick batter.
- Consistency should be creamy.
- Taste for Spice and salt.
- Dip the potato pieces and deep fry till crisp in medium flame.
Eat this with a cup of hot tea or coffee. This would be a heaven on earth.