Home remedies for grey hair can be easily done and very economical.
- Protein Intake: Hair is made up of a protein called keratin. Hence protein-rich diet will help increase and improve the production of hair. Sources of Protein – meat, eggs, and cereals, such as whole wheat and lentils.
- Vitamin and Mineral IntakeVery important nutrients like Vitamin A, vitamin B12, iron, copper, and zinc are essential in our diet. Lack of these nutrients may cause greying of the hair. Eat food such as meat, poultry, fish (including shell fish), nuts, legumes, raisin, and prunes which are good sources of these vitamins and minerals.
- IodineIodine is the element that influences the thyroid gland. Any diseases of the thyroid gland such as hypothyroidism or hyperthyroidism can result in greying of the hair. Iodine is a must to stop greying of the hair. Foods such as bananas, carrots, and fish will also have iodine.
- Lemon juiceMix three teaspoons of lemon juice with coconut oil then apply it to hair. Leave it for an hour and then wash your hair with a shampoo. Repeat the same process weekly and you can see improvement.
- Potato PeelThe starch in it will help in keeping the hair darker. Apply the paste or rub it on your hair.
- Quitting SmokingQuitting smoke is very important and essential for life. This will not only be beneficial in reversing grey hair but will also have a good impact on your health. Smoking will cause diseases within you and also within people around you.
- Indian GooseberryIndian gooseberry, also known as amla is considered a wonder fruit. It is rich in vitamin C. The dried powder of Indian gooseberry mixed with coconut oil applied on the scalp can help in reversing gray hair. At the same time, consume Indian gooseberry to improve hair growth. It helps in digestion, respiratory disorders, diabetes, heart diseases.
These are simple home remedies to keep your hair healthy and black.