Dates are a good source of various vitamins and minerals. Dates have high energy, sugar, and fiber. It also contains calcium, iron, phosphorus, potassium, magnesium, and zinc. Here are few of the reasons why you should eat dates regularly:
1. Lowers cholesterol: Dates are free from cholesterol, contains hardly any fat. Eat 2 dates a day can help you keep a check on cholesterol level. At the same time even can keep a check on your weight loss.
2. Protein rich: Protein rich dates help in staying fit, and even keep the muscles strong. Gym goers eat a couple of dates every day.
3. Rich in iron: Dates contain iron, which is highly recommended for those who suffer from iron deficiency. Plus it’s great for blood purification as well. If a sick person consumes dates then he gets energy and resistance power.
4. Rich in vitamins: Dates also contain vitamins such as B1, B2, B3 and B5, as well as A1 and C. It keeps you healthy and you will notice the change in your energy levels. The natural sugars such as glucose, sucrose, and fructose, will boost your energy.
5. Strengthens the nervous system: Date are loaded with potassium, and yet contain little sodium, and that goes a long way in keeping your nervous system in order. The potassium helps to reduce cholesterol, and keeps the risk of a stroke in check.
6. Keeps bone healthy: Dates are rich in selenium, manganese, copper, and magnesium, and all of these help in keeping our bones healthy. Dates are good to avoid osteoporosis.
7. Promotes digestion: If you soak a few dates in water and chew on them daily, your digestive system will behave itself very well. Plus it’s recommended for those who have trouble with constipation.
8. Improves skin: The vitamins C and D work magic on your skin smooth. Dates help in fighting with anti-ageing and prevent the accumulation of melanin in your body.
Dates are a quick snack!